Jan 15, 2010

Food For Thought Friday

I love Fridays!!! Every Friday I am going to try and make a point of posting something for readers to give some thought to. Sometimes ill it'll be an interesting fact or quote and other times it will be a question or a thought that has popped up in my head. Either way I hope it is something that gets your foodie noggin wheels turning! I encourage you take take a minute or so to THINK and post a comment with your thoughts or reactions because we can learn something from everyone. Hope your holiday weekend is relaxing and filled with good food. 

Americans eat less than .25% of the known edible food on the planet.


Besides thinking about this, please keep the people of Haiti in your thoughts. The earthquake has left thousands suffering from grief, homelessness and hunger. I have been thinking about what I can do or ways I can help. I do not have a large sum to donate, but I do know that I spend an unnecessary sum of money on small luxuries every week. Luxuries which I can live without for a while. So I have decided to take the money I usually spend weekly on coffee breaks and donate it to the World Food Programme to help the hungry in Haiti. What can you do to help? 



If you are interested in donating to the World Food Programme here is the link: Help the Hungry in Haiti

1 comment:

  1. In case you were wondering if I made up the .25%... I didn't :)

    I read it in the book Eating Animals and the author got it from http://www.pfaf.org/leaflets/edible_uses.php

    ReplyDelete